Signs of the Times
by Gertrude Battle (Used by permission)
- l. Jesus Warned Us Not to be Deceived
- A.What warning did Jesus give us?
- Be not deceived. Everyone was expecting some
great person to come, but there was much confusion as to how He
would come and what He would do. Consequently many
rejected Him because He did not come in the manner in which they
expected and do what they thought He would do. This same condition
exists today in the religious world. Many are
teaching the coming of Christ, but there is much confusion as to
how He will come and why.
- B. What will some of the conditions in the world be?
- Wars, famines, etc. These things have almost always
been, but it is the increase of
them that fulfills this prophecy. Today when one small country
goes to war, the whole world seems to become involved.
- C. What will be in the hearts of people?
- Fear. Since the discovery of atomic warfare, men know that
they have in their power weapons that can literally destroy the
whole world. We have cause to fear unless our faith in God
- D. What will they be saying?
- Crying, peace, peace,' and yet there is no peace.
- E. While they are talking peace, what are they doing
at the same time?
- Preparing for war.
- F. What else will increase in the last days?
- There will be an increase of wealth. Less than 100 years ago
there were very few millionaires in this country. Now we have
multimillionaires and billionaires.
- G. What will be the conditions in the labor world?
- There will be strife between capital and labor, which we see
(Compare verse 5 with
who live for just this world
alone are like the beasts that perish. A farmer feeds his cattle
off the fat of the land, but only that
they might be slaughtered.
- II.Signs of the Social World
- A.What will be the conditions in the social
- We see all these things today, and even among church
- B.What else will increase?
- Knowledge. Isn't it an interesting fact that up until one
hundred or one hundred and fifty years ago, at the most, there
were very few inventions? The printing press was one of the few
great inventions that came before the last century.
- C. What did the prophet Nahum see in a vision?
- The word automobile' was not coined in those days. He could
only call what he saw chariots.' But he gives a good description
of the cars and vehicles of today with their flaming
headlights and their speed of travel. He must have stood on one
of our busy intersections during the rush hour and seen the cars
raging in the streets. Then he must have been taken out to one of
our great highways or freeways and seen some of them come
together in some fo the wrecks that we have today.
- D. What else will increase?
- Iniquity will increase. What are God's people to do in the
midst of this crooked generation?
Acts 2:40 ;
To save themselves from all this wickedness and to shine as lights
in this dark world.
- III. One of the Greatest Signs
- A. What other great sign will we see?
- The gospel will be carried to all the world. It truly has
almost reached every part of the globe today.
- B.When we see all these sings what will w know?
- C. What should we do when we see all these signs?
- Look up and know that our redemption is near. What are some
of the things that can keep us from being ready?
Verse 34 ;
20:40 The cares of life, being busy here and there, making a
living, etc. We decide our own destiny. Now is the time,
more than ever before, to put first things first, and Jesus has
told us to seek Him first and His kingdom, and all the necessary
things of life will be given us.
What are we told to do"
Watch, that the day does not come upon us unawares and also that
we may be accounted worthy to escape all these things
that shall come to pass.
- IV. None of His People will be in Darkness
- A. Will we know when His coming is near?
- While the world will be crying, peace, peace', sudden
destruction will come upon them. But God's people will not be in
darkness. They will have light from the Word of God and will
help to lighten the way for others.
- B.Who only will be saved?
- Those who endure unto the end.
- C. In view of all these signs, what should be our
- 'Even so, come, Lord Jesus.'
Bible Studies List
or visit The Bible Study Collection!
Bible Studies by
E-mail - More in-depth studies!
Your comments or questions are welcome!.
McDonald Road SDA Church Home Page
Updated 7/26/2006 by Kim Rollins