III. If Not In Hell, Where Are The Dead Sinners Today?
- John 5:
- 28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
- 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
- Job 17:
- 13 If I wait, the grave is mine house: I have made my bed in the darkness.
- Job 30:
- 23 For I know that thou wilt bring me to death, and to the house appointed for all living.
- Psalms 13:
- 3 Consider and hear me, O Lord my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;
- John 11:
- 11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.
- 12 Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well.
- 13 Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep.
- 14 Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:
- 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
- 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
- 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
- The dead are reserved in their graves sleeping until God calls them forth on the resurrection day.
- Would it be justice if punishment was given before a person was judged? No! Nor would it be just to burn a murderer, who died 5,000 years ago, 5,000 years longer than a murderer who dies today.
- It is logical that a person would be reserved, sleeping in his grave, until the judgment day.
Dwight Waterhouse is the compiler of this information. Please feel free to send your comments and questions. David Waterhouse is the Webmaster. You can reach both of us at the same E mail