V. What Is The Sentence Pronounced On The Sinners?
- Romans 6:
- 23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- James 1:
- 15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
- Revelation 21:
- 8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
- Matthew 25:
- 31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
- 32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
- 41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
- Revelation 20:
- 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
- 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
- 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
- 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
- John 5:
- 28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
- 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
- The sentence pronounced apon the wicked is the opposite of the sentence pronounced apon the righteous. The righteous receive eternal life and the wicked receive eternal death. (see Romans 6:23 above)
Dwight Waterhouse is the compiler of this information. Please feel free to send your comments and questions. David Waterhouse is the Webmaster. You can reach both of us at the same E mail