VI. Is The Death Sentence On Both Mans Body And Soul?
- Matthew 5:
- 29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
- 30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
- Matthew 10:
- 28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
- Ezekiel 18:
- 4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.
- 20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
- 1 John 3:
- 15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
- Mark 9:
- 43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
- 44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
- 45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut if off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
- 46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
- 47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
- Besides the whole body notice all the body parts mentioned above. If only mans soul is to be cast into hell there would be no hands, feet, or eyes.
- Matthew 18:
- 8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.
- 9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.
- Isaiah 66:
- 24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.
- Only God has immortality. It is only when man receives Gods gift that he receives immortality. (see 1 Timothy 6:16 and Romans 6:23 below) At no time do sinners have immortality. The soul is not immortal. (see Ezekiel 18:4,20 above)
- 1 Timothy 6:
- 16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
- Romans 6:
- 23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Dwight Waterhouse is the compiler of this information. Please feel free to send your comments and questions. David Waterhouse is the Webmaster. You can reach both of us at the same E mail