VII. By What Means Will The Sentence Be Carried Out?
- Revelation 20:
- 9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
- 10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
- 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
- 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
- Psalms 11:
- 6 Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
- Matthew 25:
- 41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
- Isaiah 33:
- 11 Ye shall conceive chaff, ye shall bring forth stubble: your breath, as fire, shall devour you.
- Isaiah 47:
- 14 Behold, they shall be as stubble; the fire shall burn them; they shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame: there shall not be a coal to warm at, nor fire to sit before it.
- Matthew 3:
- 12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.
- Revelation 14:
- 10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
- Genesis 19:
- 24 Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven;
- Luke 17:
- 29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
- 30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
- 2 Peter 2:
- 6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;
- The fire and brimstone destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, and turned them into ashes. Sodom and Gomorrah is an example of what will happen to the wicked. (see Luke 17:29,30 and 2 Peter 2:6 above)
Dwight Waterhouse is the compiler of this information. Please feel free to send your comments and questions. David Waterhouse is the Webmaster. You can reach both of us at the same E mail