X. How Long Will Sinners Suffer In The Fires Of Hell?
- Luke 12:
- 47 And that servant, which knew his lords will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
- 48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required; and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
- Apparently God will punish each person according to the opportunity that he or she had to know Gods will.
- Matthew 11:
- 20 Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of his mighty works were done, because they repented not:
- 21 Woe unto thee, Chorazin woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.
- 22 But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.
- 23 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.
- 24 But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.
- Revelation 20:
- 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
- Revelation 22:
- 12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
- Matthew 16:
- 27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
Dwight Waterhouse is the compiler of this information. Please feel free to send your comments and questions. David Waterhouse is the Webmaster. You can reach both of us at the same E mail