XIV. Will The Fires Of Hell Go Out?
- Isaiah 47:
- 14 Behold, they shall be as stubble; the fire shall burn them; they shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame: there shall not be a coal to warm at, nor fire to sit before it.
- Malachi 4:
- 3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of hosts.
- Ezekiel 28:
- 18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
- Revelation 21:
- 1 AND I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
- 4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
- 5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
- The Bible records the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah by eternal fire. (see Jude 1:7 below) These cities were turned into ashes and are an example of what would happen to those who are ungodly. (see 2 Peter 2:6 below) We know that God did not remove these cities to burn them somewhere else because Abraham could see the smoke going up as the smoke of a furnace. (see Genesis 19:24,27,28, and 29 below and section XV on page ) The cities are not burning today because when everything was burned and turned into ashes, the fire having no fuel left, went out. For more Bible information about eternal hell fire (see section XIX on page)
- Luke 17:
- 29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
- 30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
- Jude 1:
- 7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
- 2 Peter 2:
- 6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;
- Genesis 19:
- 24 Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven;
- 27 And Abraham gat up early in the morning to the place where he stood before the Lord:
- 28 And he looked toward Sodom and Gomorrah, and toward all the land of the plain, and beheld, and, lo, the smoke of the country went up as the smoke of a furnace.
- 29 And it came to pass, when God destroyed the cities of the plain, that God remembered Abraham, and sent Lot out of the midst of the overthrow, when he overthrew the cities in the which Lot dwelt.
Dwight Waterhouse is the compiler of this information. Please feel free to send your comments and questions. David Waterhouse is the Webmaster. You can reach both of us at the same E mail