By Daryl Ford / Photos: Geoff Starr
We would like to encourage everyone to come to our annual Belize Flea Market on Sunday Sept. 8, 2019 at the McDonald Rd Church Family Center (5440 McDonald Rd, McDonald, TN).
At the flea market, we sell donated items and rent booths for people to sell their own goods. Our annual flea market is how we keep the cost of our mission trip to Belize down, as well as pay for construction materials. This is also an opportunity for those going to Belize to earn a credit towards the cost of their trip with time spent helping set up, run, and take down the flea market.
The cost of materials and plane tickets increases each year but, through your support of the Flea Market, we have been able to keep the cost for those who go on the mission trip the same for about four years now. The cost to go to Belize is $1500 per person and is paid for by the person going. This fee includes plane tickets to and from Belize, transportation in Belize, construction projects, food, lodging, and a couple of outings.
The Belize mission trips have done a lot to help Eden Primary School. Our volunteers have helped buildings go up for classrooms, put on roofs, add insulation to ceilings, install new sidewalks, and build a new kitchen area with picnic tables—just to name a few of our projects! Last year we were also able to put a new coat of paint on all the buildings on campus along with several other projects. We also do a VBS for the younger group of students.
Your continued support with donations, bake sale goods, volunteering time to help set up and take down, and coming to spend your money helps us a lot. Thank you!
How Can I Help?
There are lots of ways to support the Belize Mission Trip.
- Come to the flea market and find some treasures to buy!
- Invite your friends to the flea market and spread the word.
- Donate items: Donations are welcome through 8:00 am on Sunday, Sept. 8. You can bring your goods to the church during office hours or make arrangements for pick up if needed.
- Volunteer: We are still looking for help with set-up and especially take-down at 4 pm.
- Rent a booth space: Booth space is available inside ($20) or outside ($15). What you make at your booth is yours to keep.
- Donate funds: Cash or a check can be sent to McDonald Road Seventh-day Adventist Church (5440 McDonald Road, McDonald, TN 37353). Designate it for “Belize Mission Trip.”
To volunteer, rent a booth space, arrange a large item pick-up, or find out more information, contact Dan Ford (423-505-8104) or Daryl Ford (423-504-8166).