By Becky Brooks
Image: www.absg.adventist.org / https://absg.adventist.org/next-quarter#lessons
Every Sabbath, sandwiched in between our church worship services, something special happens at McDonald Road Church. In the various classrooms of our church, people are meeting together for Sabbath School. They are forming friendships, working together on outreach and mission projects, and delving deep into the Bible and its relevance for the week to come.
“Sabbath School is one of the most important parts of Sabbath. It gives us the opportunity for fellowship, mission understanding, outreach and one of the greatest parts, Bible study and discussion. What a privilege to be able to study our Bible and the Adult Bible Study Guide in a small group setting and make the wonderful biblical instructions practical for our spiritual experience the next week. No one should miss Sabbath School!” writes Ted N C Wilson, president of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, on the Sabbath School and Personal Ministries website for the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
At McDonald Road Church, we have close to a dozen Sabbath School classes for adults. Some of them have food and open discussion time, some of them focus more on the Sabbath School lesson quarterly, and others are more outreach-driven. With the new quarter beginning in October, it’s the perfect time to visit one of our Sabbath Schools or invite a friend. The lesson quarterly will be focusing on the prophets Ezra and Nehemiah, with lessons about God’s providence, facing life’s obstacles, and God’s call for us to live for Him.
McDonald Road Sabbath School Classes
- Sanctuary Sabbath School – 10:35 am (after the adult SS program); Quarterly
- Lemon Class (Sanctuary Classroom, piano side) – 10:05 am; Quarterly
- Turner Class (Classroom #1) – 10:35 am (after the adult SS program); Class & Mission Projects, Quarterly
- Halverson Class (Classroom #2) – 10:35 am (after the adult SS program); Visitors & new members welcome, family friendly with discussion; Quarterly
- Fearless Conversation Class (Classroom #3) – 10:10 am; Bible Study, DVD, Open Discussion
- Lifetree Café (Classroom #4) – 10:10 am; Conversations with intriguing stories of life and faith, DVD, Open Discussion
- The Gathering (Children’s Wing Classroom) – 10:10 am; Quarterly, Open Discussion
- Walters Class (Classroom #5) – 10:35 am (after the adult SS program); Class & Mission Projects, Quarterly
- Menzmer Class (Conference Room) – 10:35 am (after the adult SS program); Quarterly based with open discussion
- God and Family (Fireside Room) – 10:05 am; Quarterly
- Adventist Beliefs (Family Center, 1st Floor Classroom) -10:05 am; Open discussion, Bible Study
- Spanish Class (Family Center) – 10:05 am; Quarterly