Updated May 19th, 2020
Principles and Steps to Phased Reopening
The Pastors and church staff are committed to providing a safe corporate worship service for the McDonald Road Church.
As we begin the process of reopening our church, it is important for us to provide for our congregation spiritually and emotionally, while continuing to protect vulnerable members and reduce the spread of COVID-19.
We are proposing the following phased approach:
1. In-person Worship Services
- First in-person services Sabbath, June 6th
- 9:00 am and 11:30 am (spaced to allow disinfecting between services)
- The length of the service will be kept to 45-60 minutes
- There will be specified entrances and exits
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available at the entrance
- Wearing a face covering is strongly recommended
- Pews will be marked-off to accommodate social distancing between households
- Singing may be lessened in order to limit the spread of the virus
- An offering box will be available when exiting the Sanctuary. You may also use Adventist On-line Giving, the Treasurer’s drop box, or mail for your tithe and offerings.
- Deacons will be dismissing through marked exits
2. On-line Worship Services
- 10:00 Adult Sabbath School panel will be streamed
- Both Worship services will be streamed
- Continuation of children and adult zoom and pre-recorded meetings to continue at this time.
3. Prayer Meeting
- Continue with drive-in prayer meeting on Wednesday at 7:00 pm
We suggest re-evaluating the situation every two weeks and adjusting our programming as required.